Mount Sinai Health System
Full Time Nurse Clinical Practice Assistant
Crystal Run Practice Cardiology
Mount Sinai - St. Lukes (Mount Sinai Health System)
Mondays Fridays, 8:00 am 4:00 pm
We are currently seeking a Full Time Clinical Practice Assistant to join our new Crystal Run Cardiology Practice that will have NP and three MD’s from Crystal Run Healthcare from Hudson Valley join Mount Sinai St. Lukes Hospital in creating a private practice in affiliation with our Cardiology division at 114th street between Amsterdam and Morningside Drive.
· Scheduling patient appointments.
· Organizing and confirming patient transportation.
· Taking message from all referring patients.
· Registering patients to include insurance verification, co-pay collection and super bill verification. Verify patient demographic.
· Obtain insurance pre-certification prior to scheduled office visits and tests.
· Preparation of patient chart prior to appointment. Make sure all test results have been obtained. Make sure that all information on medications listed in the chart is current.
· Schedule patient follow appointments and outside testing as required.
· Perform EKG’s and INR sticks, take vital signs (blood pressure, weight), instruct patients on use of Holters and Cardiac Event Monitors.
· Maintain refrigerator logs.
· Maintain exam rooms and consult rooms with clinical supplies and forms: order clinical supplies as needed.
· Daily QC of glucometer and urine dipstick.
· Maintain emergency kit.
· Sort mail.
Medical Assistant or Patient Care Technician certificate from an accredited institution
· High School or GED
· Previous experience as a Medical Assistant or Practice Care Technician in a hospital or medical private practice setting in Cardiology strongly preferred
· Bilingual/Spanish strongly preferred
Mount Sinai Health System is comprised of seven campuses and a school of medicine; Beth Israel Medical Center, Beth Israel of Brooklyn, St. Lukes Roosevelt Hospitals, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai of Queens and the Icahn School of Medicine.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining the most skilled and caring professionals for our patients. We do this by investing in our employees, offering them a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, 403 (b) retirement and tuition reimbursement programs, and much, much more. We have also made it a priority to develop diversity initiatives that encourage a welcoming workplace environment. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our associates feel valued