Additional Job Information
Title: Day Surgery / PAT Clinical Nursing Manager RN
City, State: Austin, TX
Location: Seton Medical Center Austin
Department: Surgery Recovery Room 001
Additional Job Details: FT Days
The Clinical Nursing Manager RN manages activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s).
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
- Participates in development and completion of strategic business operating plans, goals and objectives as well as department strategies, goals and objectives.
- Models and advocates the appropriate need for and use of innovative technologies to meet the needs of nursing, ensure patient and nurse safety, improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Prescribes outcomes of clinical, financial and human resource measures that provide direction for care or service and facilitates process improvement. Manages clinical, human resource and financial data to support and enhance decision-making, provides assessment, analysis, planning, monitoring and evaluation of unit(s) delivery of care and services.
- Participates on committees, councils, and administrative teams as appropriate to position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Five (5) total years of experience is required to include three (3) years of successful nursing experience and two (2) years of successful leadership experience is required, demonstrating leadership within processes and within service areas, on interdisciplinary teams, representative participation in Councils or Congress, and continuous upward movement in career.
- Three (3) years of equivalent non-nursing management experience may substitute for one (1) year of clinical nursing experience (successful nursing experience must be full time).
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher nursing degree is required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Nurse Executive-Board Certified is preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the state of Texas is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS-HCP) course completion card from the American Heart Association is required prior to hire or job transfer date.
- Previous experience in Day Surgery and Pre-Admission Testing preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster: