Additional Job Information
Title: Home Health - Hospice Licensed Vocational Nurse
City, State: Smithville, TX
Location: RBHH Smithville
Department: HH Therapeutic Services 001
Additional Job Details: FT Days
Seton Healthcare Family offers rewarding and diverse career opportunities, superior benefits and excellent options for personal growth. Seton is always looking for dedicated and skilled individuals willing to share their hearts with those we serve.
The Seton Healthcare Family, a member of Ascension Health, is the leading provider of healthcare services in Central Texas, serving an 11-county population of 1.8 million. The network includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, a mental health hospital, several strategically located health facilities that provide medical care for well patients and three primary care clinics for the uninsured. Four out of every ten overnight patients in the region receive their care at a Seton facility.
With more than 13,000 associates, Seton is the largest private employer in Central Texas and the only not-for-profit organization among the top 25 employers in the Austin area. In addition, Seton is home to four Magnet nursing facilities-University Medical Center Brackenridge, Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas, Seton Medical Center and Seton Northwest Hospital.
Austin is in the heart of the beautiful Texas hill country-only a few hours from Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. Enjoy a mild climate, affordable housing and no state income tax! Plus you'll have the chance to be part of a friendly city that offers something for everyone: lively nightlife, recreational activities, colleges & universities, lakes and family-oriented fun. Rich in history, cultural diversity, natural beauty and a vibrant blend of professions, Austin is a cosmopolitan city with a down-home feel. Whatever you like, Central Texas has something to offer.
Apply online attoday. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
CAREERS at Seton… Not just a living… It’s a way of life!
The Home Health - Hospice Licensed Vocational Nurse provides basic bedside care to home health patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs routine laboratory tests and provides simple therapeutic services.
- Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
- Delivers care to assigned clients and performs direct care in accordance with established plan of care. Delivers safe care at all times that is in concert with physician orders, home health policy and established nursing care standards.
- Maintains communication regarding patient progress with physician, supervisor, staff and family members as appropriate to the situation. Reports patient-related observations to supervising RN on a daily basis.
- Assists registered nurse in revising nursing care plans and documents client's progress or lack of progress toward goal achievement.
- Participates in case conference activities and in-services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to be "on-call."
Education & Experience:
- One (1) year of experience is required to include hospital experience as a staff LVN and experience in a health setting related to area of practice.
- One (1) year of Home Health experience is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- CPR certification must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date and is required every two (2) years as recommended by the American Heart Association.
- Current Texas driver's license and access to automobile with insurance coverage is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date.
- Licensed to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) in the state of Texas is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster: