Twenty-four hour accountability for planning, directing, leading, and evaluating nursing care within assigned department. Maintains responsibility for planning and managing patient care, departmental activities, and personnel. Accountable for achieving the department's budgetary goals. Interacts closely with other facility staff and Department Heads to ensure safe, quality patient care is provided in accordance with corporate, facility and unit standards. Participates on committees, task forces as assigned. Formulates, reviews and assists in the revision of policies and procedures.
- Minimum of two years experience in a management or leadership role.
- Minimum of two years experience in Critical Care.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Positive interpersonal and strong people skills
- Demonstrates advanced level leadership, problem-solving, decision-making, communication skills, resource management.
- Ability to work in a past faced environment.
- High tolerance for stress.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Current Florida Registered Nurse Licensure
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (American Heart Association)
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (American Heart Association)
- Basic arrhythmia certification
Job : ICU/CCU
Primary Location : FL-Hialeah
Hospital/Facility : 329-Palmetto General Hospital - Hialeah, FL
Job Type : Full-time
Shift Type : Days