- Drivers license required
MetroWest HomeCare & Hospice
Touching lives…every day
MetroWest HomeCare & Hospice, a division of MetroWest Medical Center and affiliated with St. Vincent Hospital, is the leading choice for home healthcare in 63 communities in MetroWest and Central Massachusetts. Having been awarded HomeCare Elite for three years running, we take pride in the services we provide for our patients. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and growth oriented team that strives for the best, always.
TITLE: Clinical Manager (RN)
REPORTS TO: Senior Director
1. Current licensure as an RN, PT, OT, ST in the State of MA.
2. Graduate of an accredited school. Minimum of Bachelor’s degree preferred.
3. Has minimum 3-5 years of experience in home health, 1-2 years of management experience required.
4. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
5. Has understanding of Medicare coverage criteria and is accurate in interpretation of guidelines when determining patient eligibility.
6. Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification
7. Must possess current valid driver’s license.
8. Advanced computer skills in a windows environment including Microsoft Office Suite.
9. Have excellent observation and communication skills.
10. Is self-directed with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
11. Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
Coordinates, implements, and evaluates the delivery of client services in accordance with the policies and objectives of the agency. Provides clinical direction to professional and paraprofessional staff.
1. Provide clinical support to professional and paraprofessional staff on assigned interdisciplinary teams in the delivery of patient care.
2. Ensure coordination and implementation of established client care plans and related activities.
3. Ensure effective and efficient case management of all assigned clinical Case Managers to assure cost-effective, safe, and competent service delivery.
4. Assist in the maintenance of appropriate staffing to assure timeliness and quality of services provided.
5. Oversee scheduling activities for all patients on assigned teams.
6. Assist in the monitoring of staffing patterns and needs using performance indicators.
7. Assist in the performance of at least biannual in-home supervisory visits with assigned staff.
8. Assist with recruitment, interview, selection, evaluation, discipline, and discharge of clinical staff in accordance with personnel policies.
9. Assist in the implementation of staff orientation and development.
10. Act as a resource to staff in matters of policies, procedures, regulations, clinical concerns, and coverage issues.
11. Direct clinical staff toward appropriate and available resources.
12. Monitor service utilization for appropriateness and provides guidance to staff related to appropriate visit frequency, duration and discipline utilization.
13. Participate in patient care conferences and in-service programs.
14. Supervise the timeliness and quality of documentation of assigned staff.
15. Participate in quality improvement activities including formal and informal audits.
16. Assist in the evaluation of the performance of assigned staff in meeting productivity and qualitative standards.
17. Support customer service program by promoting and maintaining a responsive, knowledgeable, and accessible approach to all customer contacts.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office environment, constant use of computer and telephone, travel by car to offsite locations
HOURS: Full Time EXEMPT, Monday – Friday, occasional weekend and/or holiday
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
MetroWest Medical Center offers a competitive rate of pay and a comprehensive benefits package.