This posting is for 1 Nurse Manager position leading the following areas: Neuroprogressive Care, Intermediate Care, Joint Commission Accredited Stroke Program. This is a full-time, exempt leadership position.
Some job responsibilities
- Personnel Management
- Management of Labor, Supply and OCE budget on monthly /yearly basis
- Researches and implements current evidence based practice guidelines in collaboration with medical and nursing staff.
- Provides leadership, planning and direct coordination of strategies focusing on 100% attainment of Core Measure and Performance Improvement goals.
- Monitors and evaluates performance improvement strategies to maximize patient outcomes
- Develops strategies to increase patient and physician perception of care.
- Demonstrates sound clinical judgment and skill in specialty area.
- The Neuroscience Program Coordinator is responsible for coordination of activities of the Stroke Registry Program and the JCAHO Disease Specific Stroke Program Certification.
- Maintenance of registry files, performance improvement, and coordination of Stroke Team Committee meetings.
- Accountable for providing leadership, planning, and direct coordination of activities for neuroscience services consistent with the organization’s goals and objectives under the direction of the ACNO.
- Maintain and report FRMC Stroke Care Data.
- Monitor quality of abstracting, coding and follow-up of Stroke registry data
- Coordinate Stroke Committee meetings.
- Coordinate JCAHO requirements for Stroke Program Certification.
- Assist in coordination of community education and events specific to Neurosciences
- Provide educational development / needs to staff members as directed by ACNO
- Identify/implement cost-effective practices through research related to clinical practice.
- Supports Assist. CNO and Administration through positive interactions with staff, patients and physicians.
REQUIREMENTS, CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURES
Current RN licensure by the state of North Carolina. Current BLS, ACLS, required. CCRN preferred.
Graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN required and MSN preferred. Minimum 5 years RN experience within clinical area. Minimum 2 years leadership experience in clinical area required.
OTHER SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE OR SKILLS
Excellent communication and problem solving skills with medical staff, departmental staff, patients, families, referral sources, internal hospital departments and the general public.
Job : Managers and Directors
Primary Location : NC-Hickory
Hospital/Facility : 334-Frye Regional Medical Center - Hickory, NC
Job Type : Full-time
Shift Type : Days