As Program Trauma Manager you will manage clinical services, systems, and performance improvement activities as they relate to a multidisciplinary approach to providing care to injured patients. You will also collaborate with the trauma Medical Director in developing and maintaining policies and procedures for the Trauma Critical Care Department.
- Clinical Practice/Patient Care
- Collaborates with the Nurse Executive to establish nursing care standards and evaluates staff compliance.
- Identifies research protocols effecting the patient population served and keeps nursing staff informed.
- Facilitates effective provision of support services essential to patient care.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for patients that is conducive to positive health teaching, and maintenance; patient and family expectations of care; develops mechanism to assess same.
- Develops unit goals and objectives to support the institutional values and goals, with input from staff.
- Recognizes the need for patient care to be delivered in a culturally sensitive manner and role models sensitivity to staff.
- Provides intramural and extramural education for professional staff as related to the care of trauma patients. Including:
- ATLS education for MD / DO / PA's.
- ACLS education for MD / DO / PA / RN staff
- Pre-hospital educational activates for EMS staff
- Other professional staff trauma related education as needed.
- Performance Improvement
- Monitors indicators of clinical process indicators, system issues, and outcomes related to the quality of care provided to trauma patients. Including:
- Developing quality indicators, filters, and audits
- Identifying trends and sentinel events
- Participating in case reviews of trauma patients
- Assisting the Trauma Medical Director in outlining and implementing remedial actions
- Manages the operational, personnel, and financial aspects of the trauma program as needed.
- Serves as a liaison to hospital administration for the trauma program.
- Assists in organizing and documenting compliance with governmental, regulatory, or American College of Surgeon's requirements for the trauma center.
- Oversees the collection, coding, storage, use, and validation of data on trauma patient while protecting patient confidentiality.
- Serves as internal resource for staff throughout the hospital and an external resource for pre-hospital providers for issues related to the care of trauma patients.
- Assists in facilitating research and protocol design, data collection, analysis, and publication efforts.
- Participates in the development of trauma care systems at the community, state, and national levels. Assist in supervising the Prevention / Outreach Nurse Educator.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing, required. Masters preferred.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Current BLS, ACLS, or TNCC certification, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Emergency or Critical Care nursing including previous supervisory experience. Experience as a pre-hospital provider, preferred.3
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.