The clinical nurse assumes principal responsibility for the total care assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of each assigned patient. The clinical nurse initiates teaching and educates the patient and family and/or significant other to attain optimal health. The clinical nurse is responsible for adhering to all standards of nursing care.
· Graduate of accredited professional nursing program
· Current RN licensure in the State of California.
· Current American Heart Association BLS certification (maintain current at all times).
· Current Advanced Cardiac Live Support ACLS certification (maintain current at all times).
· Prior clinical experience is desired.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills to communicate with people on all levels and able to maintain positive working relationships with patients, families, and co-workers inter- and intra-departmentally.
· Possess active listening skills.
· Demonstrates knowledge of current nursing theory and practice.
· Compassionate, non-judgmental patient caregiver and advocate.
· Must be able to tolerate physically and mentally demanding work.
· Possesses audible acuity necessary for taking blood pressures and maintaining patient safety.
Completion of mandatory programs to meet TJC standards is a job requirement
Job : Surgical Services
Primary Location : CA-Palm Springs
Hospital/Facility : 694-Desert Regional Medical Center - Palm Springs, CA
Job Type : Full-time
Shift Type : 8 Hour Day
If other shift, specify: :with call
Shift begin time: 5:00 AM