Atlanta Medical Center is 2 acute care hospital campuses with a total of 762-beds, Atlanta Medical Center Main and Atlanta Medical Center South, making it the second largest licensed-bed hospital in Georgia.
Our position is located at Atlanta Medical Center Main, a 460-bed, Level I Trauma Center and teaching facility which offers a very fast paced work environment with a wide variety of patient diagnoses.
We are an organization that has a Culture of Caring. If you are in your profession because you care about your patients, you care about quality and you take pride in working hard to get the job done; then consider joining the Atlanta Medical Center family.
We are currently looking for a Registered Nurse - RN whose compassion, clinical expertise, and excellence are top priority. As an RN, you will conduct patient assessments and develop and implement nursing care plans to foster quality outcomes. You will have the opportunity to apply sound judgment, clinical expertise, and execute critical nursing interventions to all patient populations within the patient care setting.
Duties of the RN maybe include the following but not limited to:
Some of the duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs comprehensive systematic patient assessments within scope of practice, policies and procedures
- Documentation is performed according to hospital policy
- Promotes individualized instructions and dissemination of information to patients/family regarding Plan of Care
- Initiates appropriate actions or interventions in response to patients' condition
- Coordinates ongoing comprehensive patient reassessment according to unit guidelines, patients condition and responses treatment
- Performs appropriate screens to assess patients nutritional, fuctional and discharge status
- Initiates a written plan of care within 24 hours of admission
- Evaluates a patient response to plan of care and revises as appropriate
- Ensures communication to support the plan of care with patient/significant other and other healthcare team members
- Implements the patients written plan of care
- Obtains, verifies, administers and documents medications as per policies and procedures
- Initiates, administers and observes intravenous therapy according to hospital policies and procedures
- Performs or assists in procedures and therapies in accordance with policies and procedures and scope of practice guidelines
- Provides individualized instruction to patients and/or significant others regarding the plan of care and documents their understanding
- Initiates and documents actions or interventions based on patients condition and plan of care
- Provides psychosocial support and motivation to enable patients to function at their optimal level of independence
- Ensures patient's informed consent of procedures and therapies
- Evaluates and documents the patients response to plans of care and progress toward expected outcomes; revises plan as appropriate
Candidates for the RN/ Registered Nurse should meet the following requirements:
1. Hold and maintain a Georgia license to practice as a Registered Nurse / RN.
2. ADN/BSN - BSN strongly desired
3. BLS (Required)
4 ACLS (Preferred - required in ICU)
5. Previous experience in specalty of interest preferred.
The successful candidate will have:
1. Ability to apply sound judgment with clinical skills to ensure optimal patient care
2. Accepts and supports changes in work assignments as related to department and patient needs.
3. Participates in all departmental and hospital wide educations offerings, mandatory for position along with an ongoing pursuit of Continuing Education Credits in clinical subjects, management, personal growth and development.
4. Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective quality outcomes
Job : Surgical Services
Primary Location : GA-Atlanta
Hospital/Facility : 800-Atlanta Medical Center - Atlanta, GA
Job Type : PT1
Shift Type : Varied
If other shift, specify: :Every other weekend required