|Number of Openings:||3|
|Job Title:||Registered Nurse ED .9 N|
|Location:||Hospital Main Campus|
|FTE/Hours per pay period:||0.9 FTE (72 hours per bi-weekly pay periods)|
|Hours Per Shift:||12|
|Salary:||In Accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreement|
|Job Description:||Our 28+-bed ED handles more than 40,000 patient care visits annually, seasonally about 100 patients per day low season and 150 patients per day in high season. You will have the opportunity to treat children with a variety of acuities and complexities. The ED team manages care for medical, surgical and hematology-oncology emergencies, as well as minor trauma and orthopedic injuries. We have a 24/7 ED communications center to coordinate care for patients referred in by their primary physicians, medics, airlift or other hospital transfers. Children’s ED incorporates CPI (Continuous Process Improvement) into our clinical and quality of care. You will have opportunities to partner with our ED team in creating change. You might be required to float to help resource other needs in the hospital such as VAS, and Transport|
- Two years of current emergency department RN experience
- ActiveWashington StateRN License
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current BLS (American Heart Association Health Care Provider, American Safety and Health Institution Professional Level or American AED/CPR Association - Professional Rescuer) and ability to perform CPR. Current PALS certification will be accepted in lieu of the BLS either at time of hire or as an annual competency.
- Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) is mandatory within 90 days of hire and must be maintained as current thereafter.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Current pediatric experience in an emergency department is strongly preferred.
- TNCC, CPEN certification and NRP is also desired.