El Camino Compton Center
FULL TIME, TENURE TRACK TEACHING POSITION
Closing date: July 24, 2014
The two-year Associate Degree Nursing Program, accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, prepares students for entry-level employment as registered nurses in hospitals and community settings. Teaching assignments will be available in the medical-surgical and/or psychiatric area of the program. Faculty will be responsible for supervising students in clinical learning experiences, supervising students in campus-based nursing practice labs, seminar groups, and nursing theory classes in the first or second year of the program. Faculty may have a teaching assignment in more than one course. The position requires participation in a variety of campus and divisional activities such as faculty meetings, student activities, office hours, and curriculum/instructional development. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview, which will include a teaching demonstration on an assigned topic.
• Master’s degree Nursing AND a valid California Registered Nurse License or eligibility for California Licensure as a registered nurse AND have sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural disability and ethnic backgrounds of college students.
• Recent teaching in a community college teaching experience or clinical experience in an acute care facility demonstrating expertise in medical-surgical and/or psychiatric nursing. Recent experience in more than one nursing discipline area is highly desirable.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Full time, tenure-track teaching position effective August 21, 2014. Offer and acceptance of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credential(s), transcripts, fingerprint results, and tuberculosis examination as required. Candidates selected for employment will be required to provide verification of work authorization in the form of a passport, valid driver's license, or other equivalent identification, and social security card.
The starting salary ranges from $53,571 - $79,401 annually, depending on education and experience. Excellent fringe benefits are included.
Applicants must apply online. Go to our website at www.district.compton.edu (click on the Employment Opportunities link). Be prepared to have your documents on a disc or flash drive. You will be required to create an employment profile and download the following documents:
• Online application
• Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications
• Resume (only in Word format) including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments.
• Photocopies of all pertinent transcripts (only in .pdf format) as stated in the required qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.) Foreign transcripts – Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA.
• Evidence of a valid Community College Credential, if applicant holds one, must also be submitted.
Applicants with disabilities who require special accommodations must advise Human Resources within 5 days of the closing date.