The WOCN provides consultation to all programs for wound, ostomy and incontinence patients according to WOCN Standards. The WOCN establishes and updates the standards of care and assists to formulate clinical competencies to ensure best practices are used to meet patient needs in the area of wound, ostomy and incontinence management.
- Registered Professional Nurse currently registered and licensed to practice nursing in NYS.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing required.
- Completion and current certification from approved WOCN program.
- Minimum of one year of nursing in home care.
- Must be familiar with home care and its implementation.
- Skilled in the ability to observe and assess the health care needs of patients.
- Skilled in techniques of therapeutic communication.
- Able to function autonomously as well as to work well with others.
Visiting Nurse Service and Hospice of Suffolk offers a rich benefits package and a competitive salary. EOE