Additional Job Information
Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse II
City, State: Austin, TX
Location: Austin Medical Plaza
Department: Administration 001
Additional Job Details: FT Days
Seton Healthcare Family offers rewarding and diverse career opportunities, superior benefits and excellent options for personal growth. Seton is always looking for dedicated and skilled individuals willing to share their hearts with those we serve.
The Seton Healthcare Family, a member of Ascension Health, is the leading provider of healthcare services in Central Texas, serving an 11-county population of 1.8 million. The network includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, a mental health hospital, several strategically located health facilities that provide medical care for well patients and three primary care clinics for the uninsured. Four out of every ten overnight patients in the region receive their care at a Seton facility.
With more than 13,000 associates, Seton is the largest private employer in Central Texas and the only not-for-profit organization among the top 25 employers in the Austin area. In addition, Seton is home to four Magnet nursing facilities-University Medical Center Brackenridge, Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas, Seton Medical Center and Seton Northwest Hospital.
Austin is in the heart of the beautiful Texas hill country-only a few hours from Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. Enjoy a mild climate, affordable housing and no state income tax! Plus you'll have the chance to be part of a friendly city that offers something for everyone: lively nightlife, recreational activities, colleges & universities, lakes and family-oriented fun. Rich in history, cultural diversity, natural beauty and a vibrant blend of professions, Austin is a cosmopolitan city with a down-home feel. Whatever you like, Central Texas has something to offer.
Apply online attoday. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
CAREERS at Seton… Not just a living… It’s a way of life!
The Licensed Vocational Nurse II provides basic clinical care to clinic patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs routine laboratory tests and simple therapeutic services.
- Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
- Participates as a staff educator in the development, implementation and evaluation of educational processes that assist others along the novice to expert continuum.
- Provides and coordinates patient care on patients with predictable outcomes utilizing basic critical thinking skills and the nursing process. Documents process in compliance with network standards.
- Advocates for patients/families to ensure patient rights and promote integration of personal, cultural, social and spiritual preferences into care provision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to be "on-call."
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 6 months experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the acute care setting is required.
- Completion of LVN II competencies for unit, specialty and network is required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Current LVN license to practice in the State of Texas is required or obtained prior to hire or job transfer date.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS-HCP) course completion card from the American Heart Association is required prior to hire or job transfer date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster: