Sierra Medical Center is currently hiring PRN/RN's in the Cath Lab performs procedures in the Cath Lab utilizing ionizing radiation in a safe and appropriate manner. Oversees the entering of patient charges to assure accuracy and timeliness. Deals effectively and pro-actively with physicians. Work collaboratively with other members of the management team for effective patient care.
The Cath Lab RN provides nursing care for patients of all ages, participates in patient and family teaching before, during, and after invasive and non-invasive cardiovascular procedures; and care of other patients as required. The RN also assists the physician in the completion of cardiovascular procedures.
As the RN in the Cath Lab acquires expertise in the performance of test procedures, he/she will also accept responsibility and accountability of being in charge in the absence of leadership.
The RN must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to interact with various ages of clients served in the course and scope of his/her job duties. These age populations may include pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric. This position requires direct patient care and interaction with family members. Assessment of the skills necessary to communicate with various age populations is addressed on the corresponding competency assessment.
RN program graduate
· Hospital policy requires that anyone who operates a vehicle must have a driver’s license and proof of insurance.
CPR and ACLSCollege Level: ■ Associate □ Bachelors □ Masters
· Associates degree in Ultrasonic Science
· Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English
· Ability to learn and integrate technical aspects of the laboratory as a whole
· Ability to make quick and accurate decisions under stress and emergency situations
Ability to use computers (i.e. Microsoft Office, PAC’s systems, Order/Charge entry)
· Minimum 2 year approved RN training program with associate’s degree (from CCU, ICU, ED or Surgery).
Minimum 2 year experience in Cath Lab.
Job : Cardio/Coronary/Tele
Primary Location : TX-El Paso
Hospital/Facility : 168-Sierra Medical Center - El Paso, TX
Job Type : Full-time
Shift Type : Rotating