Lourdes Health System is seeking a full-time (Camden campus) and a part-time (Burlington campus) Infection Preventionist. This position entails education, specialty training, performance improvement initiatives, clinical practice and building collaborative relationships with physicians, staff and leadership. The successful candidate is one who has the ability to independently function as well as be an integral part of a dynamic team charged with hospital wide surveillance, preparing and presenting reports to the appropriate committees and instituting appropriate infection control measures to prevent spread of infection within the institution.
· Experienced healthcare professional with a health sciences background, typically a registered nurse (RN), physician, epidemiologist, or medical technologist (MT) with appropriate licensure
· Has knowledge and experience in patient care practices, microbiology, aseptic technique, disinfection/sterilization, adult education, infectious diseases, communication and epidemiology.
· Certified in infection prevention (CIC) preferred.
· Baccalaureate degree preferred
· Understanding of regulatory and compliance standards regarding infection control.
· Ability to relate to academic and community-based acute care and non-acute care settings.
· Outstanding oral and written presentation skills.
· Clinical practice experience of a minimum of 5 years required.
· 2-4 years of relevant experience required, 5+ years strongly preferred
· Training course(s) in surveillance, prevention and control of hospital acquired infections (preferred)