Date:Aug 8, 2014
Location:Garden City, KS, US
St. Catherine Hospital in Garden City was founded by two pioneering physicians and the Dominican Sisters more than 80 years ago. This 132-bed, Joint Commission-accredited regional health care center provides a full-range of medical specialties for the people of southwest Kansas with a Level III Emergency Room, leading edge cardiac care, the Maternal-Child Birth Center and a free standing Cancer Center affiliated with the Midwest Cancer Alliance, part of the University of Kansas Cancer Center. Exceptional care, extraordinary people and a faith-based, non-profit mission - it’s what makes the St. Catherine Hospital unique for patients and rewarding for associates. Residents of Garden City enjoy life in a relaxed, small-town (population approx. 30,000) with a zoo, several parks, golf courses, modern shopping and more. For more information about St. Catherine Hospital, visithttp://www.stcatherinehosp.org/.
JOB DESCRIPTION/JOB POSTING ID: 1638
Assumes responsibility and accountability for rapid assessment, nursing diagnosis and works with MD partners to assure safe patient diagnostic testing and optimal plan of care. Performs advanced practice procedures. Utilizes the nursing process to promote/restore optimal health and well-being of the patient. Assumes personal accountability for organizational mission and core values.
- Graduate of Accredited School Of Nursing.
- Masters degree in Adult Nurse Practitioner or related degree
work experience requirements
- 1 year experience in a clinical setting
- RN license in the state of KANSAS
- Current Registered member of the KANSAS Advanced Practice Registry.
- Current BLS for healthcare providers certification required from American Heart Association
- Required to have a board certification as an APN in a specialty relevant to current practice
Position duties (essential functions, INCLUDE % OF TIME)
DOCUMENTATION - 25%
- Thorough and confidential maintenance of patient charts and records.
- Documents ongoing status, interventions, patient response and outcomes in accurate, timely manner.
- Assesses patient/family learning style and appropriately teach and document understanding.
PLAN OF CARE 25%
- Engages patient/family to foster commitment to comply with plan of care.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to develop and implement holistic, individualized plan of care.
- Delegates to non-RN personnel in accordance with State Board of Nursing and hospital policy.
- Assess patients’ physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs through observation, interview, reviews of records and clinical data.
- Evaluates patient’s response and intervene in a timely manner to ensure optimal patient outcome.
- Effectively performs a variety of therapeutic/diagnostic interventions including but not limited to Treadmill testing, stress testing, 12-Lead EKG interpretation.
- Assess for appropriate diagnostic intervention.
- Implements patient plan of care and observes outcomes in accordance with nursing standards and physician direction.
- Ensures safety of each patient in least restrictive manner.
PATIENT ADVOCATE 25%
- Serves as patient advocate. Anticipates needs of provider, staff patient and family.
- Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrates proficiency in monitoring patients undergoing cardiac testing and emergency intervention per ACLS/ACC guidelines when needed.
- Participates in community-based activities.
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties.Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Competencies and Annual Requirements
AS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB:
·Annual Skills Competencies
·Annual TB Test
·Annual Compliance/Integrity Training
- ANNUAL INFLUENZA VACCINATION OR OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
We extend the healing ministry of Christ by caring for those who are ill and by nurturing the health of the people of our communities.
CORE Values & STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
Integrity: Honesty, directness, and respect for commitments made.
Stewardship: Respectful use of all natural, human and financial resources.
Spirituality: Acknowledgment of its central role in facilitating mental, physical and emotional health.
Imagination: Creativity and innovation in all we do.
Respect: Respect for all persons and our Christian identify, heritage and missions of our sponsoring organizations.
Excellence: Striving to exceed the clinical quality, customer service and cost performance expectations of our customers.
Compassion:Sensitivity and responsiveness to persons in need.
I have reviewed these job requirements and verify that I can perform all the essential functions of this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market:Garden City
Job Segment:Medical, Nursing, Physician, Cardiac, Patient Care, Healthcare