Date:Jul 10, 2014
Location:Lakewood, CO, US
St. Anthony Hospital is located in the western Denver suburb of Lakewood and is a Level I Trauma Center with four dedicated trauma rooms including the T-10 room, a dedicated field-to-surgery suite ready 24/7 for trauma surgeons and specially trained teams who provide life-saving care to the most severely ill and injured patients. St. Anthony proudly provides a full range of medical specialties and health care services to Denver and the surrounding region with a state-of-the-art medical campus. If you’re looking to be part of a fast-paced environment where you can practice to the top of your profession in trauma, cardiology, stroke, neurosciences, breast imaging, cancer/oncology care, surgery and more, we encourage you to apply. In addition to a new campus, supportive team and faith-based mission, we’re proud to be the recipient of numerous awards, certifications and accreditations from the American Heart Association; Chest Pain Center (CPC); American College of Cardiology; The Joint Commission’s National Quality Approval; Healthgrades (for Stroke, Critical Care and Prostate Surgery Excellence); the Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award; NAPBC Accreditation; American College of Radiology and many others. For more information about St. Anthony Hospital, visithttp://www.stanthonyhosp.org/.
Assumes responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, and the patient/family to identify and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Promotes the optimal health, well being and safety of the patient through use of the nursing process and in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the State Nurse Practice Act. Demonstrates personal accountability for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values.
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
• BSN preferred
Requirement for SAH hospital
• Hired on or after July 1st, 2013, a BSN is required or must be enrolled in BSN program within 12 months from hire date and completed within five years.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of 2 years experience and knowledge base specific to units. Medical/Surgical units require certifications in BLS
• Current Colorado RN license
• Current BLS certification from American Heart Association required;
• Additional certifications may be required (refer to facility addendum(s)
PATIENT & FAMILY CENTERED CARE 45%
• Assess patient’s physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs through observation, interview, review of medical records & clinical data. Evaluates patient’s response and intervenes to ensure optimal patient outcome.
• Develop and implement patient plan of care and observe outcomes in accordance with nursing standards and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
• Demonstrate competency in a variety of therapeutic/diagnostic interventions including but not limited to IV’s, incision/wound care, medication administration, catheterization and specimen collections.
• Promote, advocate and collaborate to protect the health and safety and rights of each patient.
• Provide patient/family education through assessment of patient/family learning readiness, needs, and ability. Provide teaching and evaluate effectiveness of teaching.
• Recognize the patient or designee as a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient’s preferences, values, and needs.
• Provide relationship-based care in which the nurse strives to understand what is most important to the individual and actively engage them in all aspects of care. This care will be delivered with respect for cultural differences and the diversity of human experience.
LEADERSHIP/NURSING PROFESSIONALISM 15%
• Delegates to non-RN personnel in accordance with State Board of Nursing and hospital policy.
• Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective patient care.
• Professional role model for all staff demonstrating ethical/legal/professional nursing process.
• Manages resources and patient flow through matching nursing competencies with individualized patient’s and unit needs.
• Uses standards of care, hospital policies/procedures and regulatory guidelines to guide practice.
• Teamwork and Collaboration: Function effectively within nursing and inter-professional teams, fostering open communication, mutual respect, and shared decision-making to achieve quality patient care.
• Precepts/mentors new staff or nursing students as needed.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT -10%
• Seeks out learning opportunities and continuing education.
• Seeks experiences that reflect current practice in order to maintain skills and competence in clinical practice or role performance.
• Maintains professional records that provide evidence of competency and life long learning.
• Evaluates one’s own integrity and nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations. Takes action to achieve goals identified during the evaluation process.
• Demonstrates a commitment to the organization through ongoing participation at hospital and unit based meetings.
QUALITY OUTCOMES/QUALITY IMPROVEMENT/RESEARCH/EBP -10% (15%)
• Verbalizes an understanding of the value of measurement and the importance of continuous quality improvement data. Use quality measures to improve performance and accountability for patient outcomes, patient experiences and safe delivery of care.
• Participate in unit-based Quality improvement, evidence-based practice and research activities.
• Use current healthcare research findings and other evidence to expand clinical knowledge, enhance role performance, and increase knowledge of professional issues.
INFORMATICS/TECHNOLOGY -20% (15%)
• Adapts to rapidly changing technology as evidenced by competency in technology and equipment used in the patient care setting.
• Thorough and confidential maintenance of patient charts and records.
• Document ongoing status, interventions, patient response and outcomes in accurate, timely manner.
• Use information technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision-making.
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.