In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, the S.W.A.T. Clinical Nurse III is an experienced practitioner who demonstrates in-depth knowledge of nursing, patient care and the ability to practice independently. The S.W.A.T. Clinical Nurse III also serves as a resource person as well as a preceptor. Under minimal supervision, the S.W.A.T. Clinical Nurse III identifies and implements nursing interventions that have predictable outcomes and evaluates the results of these interventions for a given patient population. SWAT (Specialized Workforce and Transport) nurses will respond to emergent codes and Rapid Response calls throughout the hospital. Will be responsible for assisting with the care and transport of critically-ill patients for tests, procedures and transfers to higher levels of care.
Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to assist in a variety of clinical settings, including ICU, CCU, Emergency Department and Telemetry. May be required to assume a patient assignment. May be required to obtain Critical Care Nurse Certification after one (1) year.
- Registered Nurse with three (3) years of recent critical care experience
- Additional six (6) months Emergency Room experience preferred
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing, BSN Preferred
- Current ACLS, BLS and PALS certifications required. NRP, CCRN certifications preferred
- Other certification as specified by area of practice preferred
- Demonstrates ability to work within a decentralized model of patient care delivery
- Demonstrates proficient advanced nursing skills and specialty skills
- Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward others
- Demonstrates ability to assume a leadership role for patient-care teams
- Extensive knowledge of CQI techniques and the ability to apply these techniques in patient care
- Knowledge of the concepts of Change Theory and the ability to identify the need for change as well as the ability to apply these principles
- Current California Registered Nurse license
Key Words: RN, SWAT, Clinical, Nurse, Charge, Healthcare, Hospital, Critical Care
Welcome to St. John's Regional Medical Center
At Dignity Health, we believe in the healing power of kindness. Since 1912, we have been giving something forward to the people of Oxnard, California. St. John's Regional Medical Center is a 266-bed facility employing more than 1,200 caring professionals and a medical staff of more than 600 active physicians. We offer a 23-bed acute rehabilitation center, and provide a wide array of programs and services that include oncology, cardiovascular, maternity care, orthopedic, weight loss surgery, spinal disease treatment, community outreach and more.
Our passion for inspiring a stronger, healthier world compels us to lead with our hearts as we serve the community of Oxnard. One of the most beautiful areas in the country, Oxnard is nestled between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, and offers residents spectacular beaches, clean air and open spaces, as well as easy access to California wine country. We invite you to join us in delivering humankindness, one person at time.