- Interviews patient, family, significant others to formulate a nursing history.
- Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care needs of the patient (i.e., Dynamap, cardiac monitor, oximeter).
- Demonstrates decision making process and ability to recognize priorities and resolve appropriately.
- Documents initial and discharge assessments in a timely manner. Documents vital signs on face sheet.
- Takes initiative with new procedures.
- Gives verbal and written discharge instructions with appropriate referrals as needed.
- Demonstrates appropriate patient and family teaching.
- Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and Procedure Manual
- Anticipates patient and physician needs (i.e., draws lab, obtains specimens, orders X-rays).
- Explains treatments and procedures to patient and family/significant others.
- Provides for the safety, cleanliness and comfort of the patient.
- Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of practice and hospital policy.
- Identifies abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in patient's condition. Follows through with nursing action and reports changes to appropriate person (i.e., charge nurse and physician).
- Gives and received report at shift change, breaks, and anytime called away from assigned areas for extended period of time.
- Completes required reports and forms accurately in a timely manner before end of shirt (i.e., charges, medical records deficiencies).
- Assists team members and supervisors freely as required.
- Appropriately follows chain of command.
- Maintains awareness of legal aspects of hospital nursing.
- Updates skills and knowledge and attends hospital nursing.
- Updates skills and knowledge and attends hospital in-services and GI seminars.
- Acts as preceptor after one year clinical experience and attendance at preceptor class.
- Accepts and completes daily nursing assignments in a positive manner (i.e., stock supplies and checks equipment and narcotics).
- Ensures that equipment is maintained in a safe place and clean manner; notifies appropriate department when equipment is not working.
- Sets goals and objectives with target dates.
- Modifies work schedules as required by department. Adjusts schedules as needed by the GI census.
Job : Nursing
Primary Location : CA-Fountain Valley
Hospital/Facility : 024-Fountain Valley Regional Hospital - Fountain Valley, CA
Job Type : PT2Y
Shift Type : Days