Here we grow again! Tenet Outpatient Services Division (OSD) is opening a new MedPost Urgent Care center in Placentia, CA in August 2014!
The LVN provides caring and compassionate direct care in a clinic setting under the direction of a physician or mid-level, assists medical providers, and maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practice.
Assists in the assessment of patient needs and health plan by taking vital signs, blood pressure, patient history, medication listing, assessing visual acuity and determining chief complaint.
Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular and subcutaneous injections.
Completes all necessary documentation in the patient's medical record in accordance with practice's EMR procedures.
Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical treatments, exams and medical procedures.
Arranges for specialized consultations and appointments for testing as ordered by the physicians.
Contacts appropriate insurance personnel to pre-certify surgeries or tests ordered by the physician or other health care provider, which require pre-certification by the insurance.
- 2+ years of professional nursing experience in a clinical setting preferred
- Must have successfully completed or graduated from an accredited school of nursing
- Valid/current license to practice along with current BLS certification is required
- Ability to prioritize and organize work area
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with patients, families and physicians in a tactful and professional manner