The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice. The Registered Nurse also directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of care in Telemetry Unit. The Registered Nurse is directly responsible and accountable for the care given to his/her assigned patients. He / She communicates with the physician about changes in the patient’s clinical condition including cardiac monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition and/or response to treatment.
- Current and valid state RN License.
- Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
- Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
- Previous Acute Care hospital experience preferred.
- Ventilator Management experience preferred.
- Medical-Surgical Nurse-Board Certified (RN-BC) or similar certification; preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
Harlingen Medical Center is a 112-bed general acute care hospital that specializes in bariatric, cardiology, emergency, gastroenterology, imaging, neurology, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedic, sleep apnea treatment, vascular and endovascular surgery, and wound healing care. Our physician led services are supported by some of the most experienced and highly skilled nurses, technicians and staff. This team of caregivers is here to offer patients dedicated and compassionate care while affording all patients the personal attention they expect and deserve. Harlingen Medical Center provides patient education through a multidisciplinary team working to address all scopes of the health care needs of patients and their family.