Therapeutic Apheresis Services * Elmsford, NY
At New York Blood Center, one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world, our focus is on cultivating excellence by merging cutting-edge innovation with diligent customer service, groundbreaking research, and comprehensive program and service development. Join us as we work towards meeting and exceeding the growing needs of our diverse communities, further our lifesaving strategic goals in a rapidly changing environment, and expand our impact on the local, national, and global communities we serve.
In this role, you will oversee the daily clinical activities of a mobile Therapeutic Apheresis Service, while ensuring a high level of quality patient care/services, and the attainment of all established financial objectives.
Key areas of Responsibilities include:
• Providing leadership to professional nurses, ancillary and administrative staff
• Reviewing all patient treatments and recommended treatment plans
• Managing the scheduling of staff as well as the coordination of services
• Assisting with operational planning to achieve departmental goals
• Ensuring adherence to all policies/procedures
• Developing and implementing continuous quality improvement initiatives to reduce risk
• Overseeing training for office and field staff
• Preparing and monitoring budget
• Handling other related functions as necessary
To qualify, you must have a current NY and/or NJ State RN License (BSN preferred), current BLS/ACLS, and 6+ years of clinical nursing experience, including at least 3 years in a leadership position . Candidates should be able to think strategically while providing day to day leadership for a staff of professional nurses and ancillary staff. He/She will have knowledge of HIPPA standards, as well as other industry compliance regulations in the healthcare arena. This position also requires a candidate to have exceptional oral /written communication skills. Apheresis experience preferred.
We offer a competitive salary, dynamic work atmosphere, and a comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please apply online at:
NEW YORK BLOOD CENTER
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability