Build a meaningful career at Loyola University Medical Center, the flagship hospital location of Loyola University Health System, an academic medical institution that is renowned for providing exceptional clinical care and translating groundbreaking research into new treatments that will shape the future of medicine. Join us as our:
The Clinical Documentation Specialist (CDS) demonstrates clinical nurse leadership, project management skills, and the accountability to prompt physicians and advance practice nurses to provide details and clarity in documentation necessary for accurate medical record coding and billing. In addition, you will facilitate accurate documentation for severity of illness and quality in the medical record as well as work closely with HIM coding staff to facilitate accurate documentation of discharge diagnosis and co-existing co-morbidities.
- A Bachelor's degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education.
- 3-5 years of previous job-related experience (6-10 years preferred).
- Current Registered Nurse License State of Illinoi.s
- Emergency Medical Technician (NR-EMT-P) preferred.
- Previous Clinical Documentation or Case Management experience desirable.
In addition to a supportive workspace, state-of-the-art technology, and real advancement potential, Loyola University Health System offers competitive salaries and benefits. To learn more and apply, visit us at: www.LoyolaMedicine.org and click on "JOBS"