Build a meaningful career at Loyola University Medical Center, the flagship hospital location of Loyola University Health System, an academic medical institution that is renowned for providing exceptional clinical care and translating groundbreaking research into new treatments that will shape the future of medicine. Join us as our:
The Senior Clinical Documentation Specialist Serves as a mentor and project lead providing guidance to less experienced staff members. This role provides analytical, functional support and maintenance of enterprise level clinical software applications for multiple user clients at all Ministry Organization (MO) sites.
Specific duties will include:
- Serving as a resource, interface and liaison with clinical user clients/business owners (i.e., physicians, nurses, pharmacists, etc.), technical applications staff and vendors to resolve problems with functionality of clinical software applications.
- Responding to clinical business process issues by researching moderately complex application problems, developing solutions, conducting test cases and soliciting support from technical application staff or vendors in order to facilitate issue resolution.
- Performing pre-install testing of new releases of clinical applications/interfaces; reviews data and file layout structure; conducts file maintenance, updates tables and maintains profiles.
- Providing training and guidance to clinical user clients in utilization of new internal business processes and new systems or applications.
- Work activities required thorough understanding and experience in one or more clinical applications, and the ability to analyze and facilitate application and system issues in order to meet customer business needs.
- Providing guidance to a group of less experienced team members.
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the supported clinical application(s), and may serve as a project lead on assigned projects and function with a high degree of independence.
- Working with enterprise level clinical applications and users that are deployed across multiple ministry organizations and geographic locations.
- A Bachelor's degree in healthcare or information technology.
- Must possess 5 or more year supporting healthcare business software applications.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience or a combination of at least 7 years of education and healthcare or IT experience or an equivalent combination or education and experience.
In addition to a supportive workspace, state-of-the-art technology, and real advancement potential, Loyola University Health System offers competitive salaries and benefits. To learn more and apply, visit us at: www.LoyolaMedicine.org and click on "JOBS"