PRIMARY FUNCTION: This position provides comprehensive community health nursing services to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program. The Nurse Home Visitor is responsible for maintaining the highest standards in clinical nursing practice and adherence to the NFP model, and to policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NFP and of the lead agency. The Nurse Home Visitor reports to the NFP Nurse Supervisor.
Basic Job Functions:
- Provides home visits to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program in Hudson and Union Counties.
- Adheres to the NFP model of home visitation.
- Carries a case load of up to 25 clients.
- Follows policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NFP and the lead agency.
- As requested/required, participates in community coalition in support of NFP.
- As requested/required, promotes public awareness of NFP.
- Develops and maintains community relationships to support client referrals.
- Completes all required NFP education.
- Successfully achieves reliability with DANCE, and NCAST Feeding and Teaching Scales.
- Develops therapeutic relationships with women and their families in a home visiting environment.
- Performs home visiting in accordance with the NFP model and guidelines.
- Assesses physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families as they relate to the NFP domains.
- Assists women and their families in establishing goals and outcomes and documents them in the nurse’s notes and tracks the goals throughout the time spent with the client.
- Provides education, support and referral resources in assisting women and their families in attaining their targeted goals and document the outcomes in the nurse’s notes.
- Consults and collaborates with other professionals involved in providing services to women and families.
- Actively engages in skill building to meet all NFP Nurse Home Visitor competency requirements.
- Meets with NFP Nurse Supervisor weekly for clinical supervision.
- Utilizes reflective practice in supervisory sessions.
- Schedules joint home visits with NFP Nurse Supervisor every four months.
- Attends and participates in case conferences per NFP model.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings per NFP model.
- Provides information to support staff for timely and accurate data input to the NFP ETO per policy.
- Cooperates in review and analysis of the ETO reports for achievements and areas for improvement.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Documents appropriately.
- Performs related duties as assigned or required.
- Understands supports and coaches others in the NFP vision, mission and model.
- Represents the NFP vision, mission and model in actions and verbally to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Assists in creating a positive work environment that promotes productivity, mentoring, teamwork and cooperation.
- Elicits and considers differing viewpoints when analyzing issues.
- Recognizes accomplishments of team members.
- Maintains clear, effective, open, honest communication with both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Creates, maintains and supports a safe environment for open discussion.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Seeks and responds appropriately to feedback.
- Accurately assesses own learning needs and develops strategies to meet them.
- Motivated to utilize computer for long-distance learning.
- Stays informed of current health care developments to provide safe, quality nurse home visiting services.
- Establishes and records progress toward annual goals.
- Handles other assignments as requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Current RN license (in good standing) required; BSN preferred. Current CPR required. Two years recent experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or mental/behavioral nursing preferred. Home visiting experience preferred. Valid driver’s license and insured automobile required. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends (per agency requirements). Able to travel by air to Denver, CO for all face-to-face education sessions. Must keep malpractice insurance.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Computer literacy required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be honest and caring. Bilingual (Spanish/English) candidates preferred.
Please send resume. cover, letter, and salary requirements to:
Sarah Bilyj, RN, BSN, CLC
Nurse Family Partnership of Hudson/Union Counties
65-67 Ruby Brown Terrace
Jersey City, NJ 07305