|Facility:||St. Joseph Regional Health Center (Bryan)|
|Shift:||Monday - Friday|
Required: Strong problem solving/judgment skills; high level of attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure. Strong verbal and written communications skills. Be able to work proficiently in MS Excel and Word. Be able to operate general office equipment.
Preferred: Experience with Meditech and API
- Perform daily payroll department operations for all entities of the St Joseph Health System consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Manage work flow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Key time and attendance adjustments and related general ledger entries to ensure the accuracy of the information.
- Ensure timely reporting and payment of the employer's and employees withholding taxes and miscellaneous withholdings.
- Write and distribute payroll related reports as needed by Administration, Directors, Managers or other external users.
- Timely and accurately prepare all payroll related reporting and payments in order to maintain our good standing and avoid penalties with the reporting agencies (W2, 941, TWCC, IRS)
- Routinely perform at least 5 audits per month on employee payroll information to ensure the accuracy of the process.
- Assist department directors, managers and time keepers with payroll related training and questions so that they are able to manage their affairs.
- Timely completion of assigned reconciliations as listed in the departmental policies and procedures manual.
- Perform compliance for unclaimed property payroll checks
- Perform other duties as required within the department to ensure that the Accounting office runs smoothly.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.