Come work for an organization where everything matters.
FT- 3:00pm - 11:00pm
NP to work evenings / nights in collaboration with the surgeons & pediatric surgical team.
Will consider 8 10 or 12hr shifts
Practices in accordance with the philosophy policies procedures and standards. NCH functions within the APN practice guidelines agreed upon by the medical and patient care services departments; performs all patient management activities in conjunction with the collaborating physician in accordance with their Standard Care Arrangement (SCA).
The Nurse Practitioner in collaboration with the Attending assesses plans implements evaluates an appropriate plan of care including diagnostic and therapeutic interventions in accordance with APN practice guidelines and in conjunction with the collaborating physician for patients within their specialty practice.
Demonstrates competencies defined (*) in APN responsibilities in providing age-appropriate care to patients as defined by certification and training.
Provides family-centered care to meet other family needs such as psycho-social support education and discharge planning in conjunction with the discharge planner RN’s Care Coordinators and other related disciplines.
Initiates and participates in education research with evidence base practice professional and organizational activities that contribute to improving patient care the scientific knowledge base of nursing program operation or their own professional development. Also mentors others in the area of clinical competence and professional development.
1. Patient Management: functions within the APN practice guidelines agreed upon by the medical and patient care services divisions and in conjunction with the collaborating physician outlines in their Standard Care Arrangement.
2. Elicits records and interprets a complete health history and notes its significance for the care of the patient.
3. Performs a complete standard physical examination and distinguishes between normal and abnormal findings.
4. Selects and orders tests and procedures necessary to augment physical findings and distinguishes between normal and abnormal findings.
5. Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures according to established guidelines as necessary for care of the patient. Such procedures are based in their specialty area but may include: administration of emergency medications; lumbar puncture; closed chest needle aspirations; insertion of chest tubes; venipunctures; arterial punctures; initiation and management of nutrition support; determination of need for respiratory assistance selection of appropriate technique and initiation of appropriate therapy; administration of blood products suturing I&Ds of abscesses removal of central lines and drains and bone marrow biopsies.
6. Based on physical examination and other data in collaboration with the physician formulates a plan of care with expected outcomes; implements evaluates and revises as needed.
7. Documents and effectively communicates the plan of care and patient progress in the medical record. Communicates the plan appropriately to the primary care physician or referring physician if applicable.
8. Initiates consults to other services at the direction of their collaborating physician.
9. If they have prescriptive authority prescribing within the Ohio Board of Nursing formulary and the CHI formulary.
10. Functions in collaborative role with the professional nursing staff and other care providers sharing information and responding to concerns of the other care providers.
11. In conjunction with the RN.
a. Meets patient/family needs identified in the care plan and contributes to the care plan as appropriate.
b. Meets specific emotional/support needs of families and facilitates resolution of the parents’ psychosocial concerns initiating interdisciplinary involvement as indicated.
c. Participates in family teaching and discharge planning as necessary
d. Communicates with the health care team data relevant to patient and or family needs.
12. Assists in assessing the continuing education needs of the health care team including residents respiratory care clinical pharmacists dietitians and the nursing staff within their program.
13. Maintains clinical competency and stays informed of current trends in their specialty and in nursing practice.
14. Participates in planning and presenting educational programs for the health care team APN educational program nursing staff and other community agencies.
15. Plans and participates in the orientation of new nurse practitioners and students from practitioner programs.
16. Remains informed of current research specific to the care of patients within their specialty making this data available to staff and applying it as appropriate to clinical practice.
17. Identifies patient problems suitable for research and cooperates with research activities within their specialty practice. Also reviews literature for evidenced base care or contribute to obtaining data.
18. Establishes professional objectives evaluates self and shares progress periodically with the program manager
19. Maintains involvement with professional nursing organizations or specialty organizations to promote collegiality and networking.
20. Participates in unit section and hospital committees: assists in the development and evaluation of quality management program patient care standards and guidelines.
21. Participates in peer review processes to evaluate patient care and APN competencies.
22. Contributes to the goals of the hospital division and or specialty.
23. Assists in educating others regarding the role of the APN.
24. Mentors nurses to foster the role of the professional nurse
25. Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Master of Science Degree in Nursing or must fall under the grandfather clause for APNs
2. Registered Nurse with current licensure to practice nursing in the State of Ohio.
3 Certificate of Authority to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse in the State of Ohio.
4. Certificate to prescribe.
5. Minimum of three years nursing experience.
6. Demonstrates nursing competence with specific clinical skills and knowledge in their area of specialty.
6. Demonstrates leadership interpersonal skills teaching ability advanced level of critical thinking and decision making.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
AGES OF PATIENTS SERVED:
(Indicate whether or not the position has some responsibility for the assessment treatment or care of pediatric and selected adult patients.)
___X__ Yes _____ No
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Must be able to see hear stand walk speak read and perform manual tasks with or without accommodation and care for oneself with little or no difficulty.
2. Must be able to independently lift up to 25lbs.
3 Must be able to move or reposition patients of any weight or size with the assistance of another person(s) and /or equipment.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.