Excellence isn’t just a word at Methodist Healthcare System. It’s what drives our staff each day and what makes us the most preferred healthcare provider for San Antonio and its surrounding counties. As San Antonio grows, so do we. In fact, we’re looking to expand our teams with exceptional professionals like you as we build for our future.
Methodist Healthcare System is proud to call San Antonio its home, the popular “Alamo City” because of two world famous attractions, The Alamo and the River Walk. The city is well-diversified and offers a resilient local economy and a good place to start a new career or raise a family due to the low cost of living in terms of housing and agriculture. If you are seeking a challenging and exciting career opportunity in a great city, join us in leading our vision to make San Antonio the healthiest city in the nation. Join Methodist Excellence today, it starts with you!
The Patient Safety Manager assists with development, implementation and evaluation of the departmental plan. Conducts clinical risk assessments utilizing clinical knowledge, risk identification methods and other processes to identify and initiate action for risk reduction and quality improvement opportunities.
- Reviews and analyzes facility occurrence reports to identify clinical risk issues. Facilitates the investigation and follow-up on events with the appropriate Directors/VP’s.
- Analyzes occurrence data for frequency and severity of events. Identifies trends necessitating intervention and works with Directors/VP’s in planning and implementing actions to address identified issues. Tracks and reports to the FDA, and other entities, any medical device related events according to the requirements of the Safe Medical Device Act.
- Initiates Probable Claims Report (PCR) as appropriate. Investigates, utilizing record review, interviews and other methods in order to provide adequate information for the report.
- Facilitates the investigation and resolution of patient complaints and grievances. Initiates and/or reviews correspondence to patient/family following established timelines.
- Facilitates the implementation and completion of the elements of the annual HCA Risk Reduction Program. Communicates the results of the quarterly Risk Metrics results to managers/VP’s and Senior Leaders. Facilitates development and communication of appropriate action plans for identified outliers.
- Serves as a consultant and resource regarding medical/legal issues. Provides department-specific and facility-wide education based upon identified needs.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- 5 years experience in health care management
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service
line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population
served (if applicable).
- Preferred: 3 years quality/risk management experienceg.
Please submit your resume to Pamela.McDonald2@MHShealth.com or apply online at: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=01578-52539&lang=en&sns_id=gmail
Methodist Healthcare System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.