Excellence isn’t just a word at Methodist Healthcare System. It’s what drives our staff each day and what makes us the most preferred healthcare provider for San Antonio and its surrounding counties. As San Antonio grows, so do we. In fact, we’re looking to expand our teams with exceptional professionals like you as we build for our future.
Methodist Healthcare System is proud to call San Antonio its home, the popular “Alamo City” because of two world famous attractions, The Alamo and the River Walk. The city is well-diversified and offers a resilient local economy and a good place to start a new career or raise a family due to the low cost of living in terms of housing and agriculture. If you are seeking a challenging and exciting career opportunity in a great city, join us in leading our vision to make San Antonio the healthiest city in the nation. Join Methodist Excellence today, it starts with you!
Responsible for the oversight of development, implementation, and coordination of an ongoing program for surveillance, prevention and control of infections among patients, employees, visitors and medical staff of Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children’s Hosptial.
- Collects, collates, and classifies epidemiological and quality improvement data required by the Infection Control Program such as data on risk factors, infections, and patient care practices; investigates unusual infections and significant clusters of infections for their possible sources; assists with special studies as required.
- Reviews and analyses epidemiological data to identify unusual infections and significant clustering of infections and to determine trends in infection patterns and antimicrobial resistance; determines infection rates based on risk stratification of patients.
- Reports data in a systematic, effective manner: maintains a current listing of nosocomial and other significant infections as indicated for review by the Epidemiologist and Infection Control Coordinator; prepares a monthly report of nosocomial infections for review by the Infection Control Committee; presents verbal summaries of monthly infections to Committee; and interfaces between the hospital, physicians, and Health Department (or other community agencies) for infectious disease reporting and control.
- Identifies and investigates environmental infection hazards and recommends methods to eliminate/control problems.
- Serves as a consultant to hospital personnel and medical staff on patient placement, isolation, and other interventions to control or reduce infections or infectious risks among patients, personnel, medical staff, and visitors.
- Conducts orientation and in-service education classes relative to infection control for hospital employees and volunteers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or other health-related field; post-graduate courses in Epidemiology or Infection Control desirable.
- 1-2 years clinical nursing experience required, with two to three years recent experience in hospital infection control preferred. Completion of CDC or APIC sponsored infection control training desirable.
- Current Texas licensure as an RN. CBIC certification in Infection Control preferred.
Please submit your resume to Pamela.McDonald2@MHShealth.com or apply online at: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=02531-51596&lang=en&sns_id=gmail
Methodist Healthcare System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.