MetroWest HomeCare & Hospice
Touching lives…every day
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
TITLE: Home Health LPN
REPORTS TO: Clinical Manager
- Is a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Is currently licensed as an LPN through the State Board of Nursing.
- Has at least one year's general nursing experience, with current home health, clinical, surgical, or critical care experience.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Has excellent observation skills and good oral and written communication skills.
- Has good organizational skills.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The LPN provides nursing care to the patients/clients as requested by an RN case manager, the patient and, when required, as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the policies of the Organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Seeks and obtains sufficient information necessary to function effectively in the health care setting where assigned.
- Utilizes all elements of nursing process.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Maintains communication regarding patient/client care with the physician and the RN case manager.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patients/client's condition and any care given.
- Uses supplies and equipment effectively and efficiently.
- Observes the patient/client for changes in condition, discusses changes with the patient/client or family/caregiver and reports changes, as necessary, to the attending physician and RN case manager
- Assists the patient/client with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient's/client's efforts toward self-sufficiency and independence.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient/client.
- Assists the patient's/client's family/caregiver and other health care personnel in providing continuity of care.
- Performs within the limits of license and experience.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes.
1. General office
2. Community home environment
3. Exposure to infectious diseases
4. In and out of automobile
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.