RN Cardiac Cath Lab Clinical Coordinator
Full time, flexible hours
Description Connect to a rewarding career at Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center. With a supportive culture that is dedicated to excellence – and to the individual – you will find abundant career development and educational opportunities, an excellent compensation package and a great community in which to live and work.
The Clinical Coordinator will perform leadership activities in accordance with the mission and vision of the organization and the philosophy of the departments of Nursing and Cardiology. He/she will work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to oversee the day to day operations of the Cath Lab. The Clinical Coordinator will manage the patient flow as well as communicate with the Interventional Cardiology team to ensure a safe and efficient flow of patients through the department. The Clinical Coordinator will ensure adequate staffing of the department and work closely with the Clinical Director to ensure safe, efficient patient care. He/she will participate in the staff evaluation process. The Clinical Coordinator will deliver direct patient care when needed as well as assist in the orientation process of new employees.
Join a team that is dedicated to connecting this community to the latest in advanced quality healthcare. Connect to Brookhaven: The transformation is real.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the State of New York
- BSN required, Masters degree in Nursing or other health-related field preferred
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Successful completion of critical care course
- Recent Cath Lab and/or Critical Care experience
- Minimum of 5 years progressively more responsible nursing experience
- Candidate must possess recent leadership experience and skills that demonstrate effective management of the area, including maintaining adequate staffing levels with appropriate skill mix
- Applicant must possess the ability to manage, assist, educate, and serve as a mentor
- Experience reflects customer service excellence and demonstrates successful interactions with patients, visitors, and all levels of staff
- Analytical ability necessary to organize and prioritize unit activities, respond to complex clinical situations, interpret and enforce policies and procedures
- Excellent computer skills