Assistant Director of Nursing Operations, RN
Position Control: 601111002101
Connect to a rewarding career at Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center. With a supportive culture that is dedicated to excellence – and to the individual – you will find abundant career development and educational opportunities, an excellent compensation package and a great community in which to live and work.
- Assist the Sr. Director of Nursing in planning, organizing, and directing work operations on a short- and long-term basis for Emergency Department and Medical/Surgical Units.
-Support the Sr. Director of Nursing and Nurse Managers in identifying, preparing, and managing budget and staffing needs.
-Participate in establishing and evaluating nursing goals and standards.
-In the absence of the Sr. Director of Nursing, she/he will conduct staff meetings and represent the Sr. Director of Nursing and the Department of Nursing.
-Observe work operations and review written reports and charts to evaluate nursing services and develop a plan of correction and performance improvement as appropriate.
-Perform personnel functions such as interviewing, hiring, staffing, counseling and disciplining.
-Function as key driver of patient centered care environment and ensure an excellent patient experience.
Join a team that is dedicated to connecting this community to the latest in advanced quality healthcare. Connect to Brookhaven: The transformation is real.
- NYS RN licensure and CPR certification.
- BS or BSN degree required, Masters preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of professional nursing practice, the organization and operation of a nursing service line.
- Ability to assess, plan, organize, supervise and evaluate the work of healthcare staff.
- Five-years experience working in an acute care environment.
- Previous Emergency Room experience is a plus.
- Patient satisfaction mindset is essential.
- Excellent communication skills both oral/written.
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital
101 Hospital Road