Join our team at Bergen’s Promise!
We are the designated Care Management Organization (CMO) for Bergen County, NJ. – A county based non-profit organization that provides face-to-face care management to address the intense and complex needs of local children and their families. We are currently seeking an experienced and licensed Nurse Manager to develop a Behavioral Health Home Program providing a much needed combination of medical health and behavioral health services.
Ours is the first such agency in the state to combine these services for children, making this a unique opportunity for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new pilot program. You will be instrumental in creating this program from the ground up, hiring and organizing staff as well as managing a small case load of your own. If you are passionate about serving children and providing needed services that they may not have previously had exposure to, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you!
Job Responsibilities As a Nurse Manager, you will be responsible for establishing a brand new pilot program designed to add medical health services to the behavioral health services that we already provide to local children and families. While you will manage a small case load, this is primarily an educational nursing role rather than one in which you provide children with actual medical care. The youth we serve range from ages 5 to 21, and are challenged by serious behavioral, emotional, mental health, substance abuse issues and developmental disabilities. Your team will often require your expert support in providing intensive case management to particularly challenging children and their families.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Developing, supervising and managing all elements of the new Behavioral Health Home Program
- Initial shadowing of Care Manager Supervisors and Care Managers to ensure appropriate holistic knowledge base. This will include learning Wraparound principles, some temporary supervisory responsibilities of Care Managers and involvement with other necessary Care Management functions such as Child-Family team meetings and group and individual supervision
- Hiring a team of nurses and nutritionists
- Assessing children in your case load and providing referrals to appropriate healthcare providers and specialists
- Working with an interdisciplinary team, including Case Managers
- Working with your team to provide input into treatment plans
- Providing advice and support for Case Managers experiencing difficulty with a particular case
- Monitoring ongoing quality assurance standards
- Working late hours as the situation may require
As a Nurse Manager, you must have a passion for providing children in need with the assistance they need in order to improve their lives. This is an ideal role for you if you have an RN license but have focused your career more on social work, particularly serving children in need. You should have program development expertise and the confidence to hit the ground running and build our pilot program without a great deal of external direction. It is also vital that you have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to interact well with a wide variety of people, including those with strong personalities and opinions.
Specific qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a related field; Master’s degree, strongly preferred
- RN License in the State of New Jersey
- Minimum of 2 years care management experience
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience
- Experience in program development and management
- Experience working with children at risk
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Bilingual ability (especially Spanish) a plus
- Nonprofit background, a plus
As a Nurse Manager with Bergen’s Promise, you will be part of a non-profit organization that is instrumental in providing skilled care management to children and their families, utilizing both traditional mental health services and creative community opportunities available to Bergen County Residents.
We are committed to your professional development and will provide you with ample opportunities for continued education and training.
You will also receive fantastic benefits, including the following:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Pension plan
- Liberal time off benefits including 13 paid holidays
Bergen’s Promise is an equal opportunity employer
Make a much-needed difference in the lives of children in need!