|Job Title:||Nursing Supervisor (RN) - Health Services|
|Area of Interest:||Nursing|
|Location:||Boyle Heights Clinic|
|City:||Los Angeles - 90012-2104|
|Positon Type:||Full Time - Regular|
This position is responsible for all aspects of the ‘back office’ including nursing care and the supervision of clinical support and nursing staff by overseeing the day-to-day clinical staff activities and ensuring thepatient care staff provide high quality, accessible, cost effective care and patient focused services. Additionally, this position will implement and maintain clinical and patient care practice standards, budgets, and staff development.
- Plans, organizes, and oversees staff to provide quality patient care.
- Ensures the patient care staff provides the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, TJC, NCQA, federal, state and local requirements.
- Evaluates care and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Oversees the department’s daily staffing requirements.
- Orients clinical staff to their job responsibilities.
- Provides leadership in clinical problem solving by maintaining clinical skill and knowledge necessary to set standard and work in clinical areas of nursing.
- Ensures a thorough orientation plan for new staff members and orients clinical staff to their job responsibilities.
- Evaluates and schedules inservices/training necessary to keep the staff current.
- Ensures department activities and records are in adherence to all licensing and regulatory requirements.
- Implements and interprets organizational policies and procedures and applicable standards and regulations.
- Functions as Patient Advocate, ensuring that patient concerns are resolved or addressed expeditiously.
- Collaborates with physicians, nursing and other health care providers in establishing, implementing, and maintaining patient care and quality service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Provide input to budgets and monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
|Skills and Abilities:|
- Strong time management and supervisory skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish/Chinese, depending upon the site.
- Ability to motivate and lead subordinates.
- Detail oriented and thorough.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word/Excel/Power Point.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Knowledge of clinical care practices, operations and local, state and federal regulatory standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required. Masters degree in nursing, health services, business administration or management preferred.
- Current valid license as a registered nurse through the California Board of Registered Nursing required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in clinical care management working in an outpatient setting, preferably in a Family Practice environment coupled with experience in the staff supervision, preferably in a Healthcare environment also required.
- Must maintain current CPR/First Aid Certificate.
- Prior experience with an Electronic Health/Medical (EHR/EMR) system preferred.