- Graduate of School of Nursing
- Current California RN License.
- Maintain current certification
- A First Line Supervisor on the job for more than six (6) months must be enrolled in a B.S. Program by the following semester. A First Line Supervisor on the job less than six (6) months must be enrolled within eight (8) months of hire date. A First Line Supervisor within five (5) years of retirement is exempt.National Certification required in Cert position.
- A minimum of one (1) year recent experience as Staff Nurse in an Acute Care Facility.In specialized areas, must have advanced preparation in areas of Clinical Practice.
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership, teaching ability and communication skills.
- Must have documented evidence of sound clinical judgment and technical competence.
- The person filling this position should preferably be a full-time Registered Nurse. Occasionally, a part-time Registered Nurse can assume this position at the discretion of the Manager.
- Must have knowledge of the Nursing Process, Principles and Procedures.
- Bachelor degree inNursing or current enrollment in a Degree Program.
- Current RN License
- Current BLS, CPR Certification
- ACLS and PALS Certifications -If the employee does not have current ACLS and PALS certification upon hire, the employee has 6 months from date of hire to become certified at the employee's own expense.
St. Joseph's Medical Center is a member of Dignity Health. The word dignity perfectly defines what our organization stands for, showing respect for all people by providing excellent care.
St. Joseph's Medical Center, was founded in 1899 under the direction of the Dominican Sisters of San Rafael, is a not for profit, fully accredited, regional hospital with 395 beds, a physician staff of over 400, and more than 2,400 employees. Specializing in cardiovascular care, comprehensive cancer services and women and children's services including neonatal intensive care. St. Josephs is the largest hospital as well as the largest private employer in Stockton,California. Nationally recognized as a quality lead, St. Josephs is consistently chosen as the most preferred hospital by local consumers.