Provides direct patient care to adult and geriatric patient populations. Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment. Communicates with physician continuously and as needed about patient condition. Assists with the maintenance of equipment and inventory. Assesses procedure room or equipment functioning and readiness. Obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of the Cardiovascular Laboratory team are met. Monitors physiologic and hemodynamic data, as related to diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures performed in the cardiovascular lab. Monitors and records patients condition continuously while in the Cardiovascular lab. Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
. Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN); preferred.
2. Active state Registered Nursing (RN) License; required.
3. Current BCLS (AHA), ACLS certificate upon hire and maintain current; required.
4. One (1) year clinical experience in a Cardiovascular Lab doing cardiac work or in a Critical Care area; required.
Centinela Hospital Medical Center has served the residents of Inglewood and surrounding areas since 1924. In 1960, the hospital began construction of a new 60-bed addition. Throughout the late 1960's and 1970's it continued to expand to its now 369 bed capacity. Centinela Hospital is consistently at the forefront in providing innovative and integrated healthcare. In 2007, the hospital was purchased by Prime Healthcare Services.
Facts & Figures for 2011
- Number of beds: 369
- Number of inpatient discharges: 18,028
- Number of ED visits: 60,034
- Number of births: 1,168
- Number of inpatient surgeries: 1,636
- Number of outpatient visits: 69,077
- Number of outpatient surgeries: 674
- Number of G.I. lab procedures: 2,262
- Medical staff: 400
- Employees: 1,500
- Fully accredited by the Joint Commission