Excellence isn’t just a word at Methodist Healthcare System. It’s what drives our staff each day and what makes us the most preferred healthcare provider for San Antonio and its surrounding counties. As San Antonio grows, so do we. In fact, we’re looking to expand our teams with exceptional professionals like you as we build for our future.
Methodist Healthcare System is proud to call San Antonio its home, the popular “Alamo City” because of two world famous attractions, The Alamo and the River Walk. The city is well-diversified and offers a resilient local economy and a good place to start a new career or raise a family due to the low cost of living in terms of housing and agriculture. If you are seeking a challenging and exciting career opportunity in a great city, join us in leading our vision to make San Antonio the healthiest city in the nation. Join Methodist Excellence today, it starts with you!
The Assistant Nurse Manager is a Registered Nurse (R.N.) with advanced leadership skills and is responsible for the coordination of unit operations for all shifts. In this leadership role the Assistant Nurse Manager promotes collaboration among all members of the interdisciplinary team, facilitates patient care delivery and timeliness of service, role models and promotes excellent customer service, prevents and/or resolves conflict and, overall, provides for an optimal patient care and work environment. In the absence of the Nurse Manager the Assistant Nurse Manager makes unit decisions in collaboration with the VP of Nursing or CNO.
- Maintains clinical competence (typically spends 40% of time involved in patient care and 60% in administrative functions.)
- Responsible for the unit/s in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
- Makes decisions, after consulting with the appropriate individuals, for continued unit operations in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
- Responsible for projects/processes that are essential to the success of the unit. (Charging processes, new hire orientation, maintain statistical data, time/attendance and QI).
- Actively participates and manages operations during emergency situations, including participation in disaster preparedness.
- Demonstrates successful conflict resolution in a timely manner with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members.
As our ideal candidate, you must support the Methodist Healthcare System mission and vision as well as possess:
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing.
- At least 2 years of direct care experience as a Registered Nurse with one year in specialty.
- Current license to practice professional Nursing in the State of Texas.
Please submit your resume to Belinda.Villanueva@MHShealth.com or apply online at: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=01588-52590&lang=en&sns_id=gmail
Methodist Healthcare System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.