Manager (RN) - Emergency Medicine - (141821)
Department: Emergency Medicine
FTE: 40 hours per week
Honored as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason in Seattle, WA, is internationally recognized as a preeminent organization that is focused on transforming health care. True to that vision, we spent this past decade creating and delivering a multitude of innovations. The results? Industry-changing process improvements and initiatives that have revolutionized our ability to eliminate waste, cut costs, and most importantly, improve the quality of services. Our commitment to Team Medicine and the transformation of health care is what built our reputation as a quality leader, and empowers us with the capability to provide rapid access to care through our Virginia Mason Production System.
As a key member of our leadership team, you will help to continually develop the results-driven initiatives that define our success and are transforming healthcare.
The Manager, Emergency Medicine, is responsible for department management on a 24-hour, 7 day a week basis. This job plans and manages patient care, nursing and support services and provides overall direction and leadership for the day-to-day operations of multiple sections and departmental programs.
- Masters degree in nursing, healthcare or business administration or current enrollment in a program required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Washington required.
- Five years acute care nursing experience, including three years increasingly responsible management experience.
- Extensive relevant clinical and business knowledge, which may include appropriate certifications.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of budgets and planning.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.