- Assessing the patient's physical and mental health including the patient's reaction to illnesses and treatment regimens.
- Recording and reporting the results of the nursing assessment.
- Planning, initiating, delivering, and evaluating appropriate nursing acts.
- Teaching, assigning, delegating to or supervising other personnel in implementing the treatment regimen.
- Collaborating with other health care providers in determining the appropriate health care for a patient but, subject to the provisions of G.S. 90- 18.not prescribing a medical treatment regimen or making a medical diagnosis, except under supervision of a licensed physician.
- Implementing the treatment and pharmaceutical regimen prescribed by any person authorized by State law to prescribe the regimen.
- Providing teaching and counseling about the patient's health.
- Reporting and recording the plan for care, nursing care given, and the patients response to that care.
- Supervision, teaching and evaluating those who perform or are preparing to perform nursing functions and administering nursing programs and nursing services.
- Providing for the maintenance of safe and effective nursing care, whether rendered directly or indirectly.
- Monitors neurological, cardiac and medical patient status and implements and carries out treatment plan.
- Manages mechanically ventilated patients, is proficient in airway management of the intensive care patient.
- Proficient in managing patients with multi-system failure requiring intensive care.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in caring for patients requiring hemodynamic monitoring and treatment as ordered.
- Accurately interprets cardiac monitoring information and administers appropriate medications and therapies.
- Ability to monitor cardiac rhythms and respond appropriately.
This full time position working 7P-7A in our Intensive Care Unit.
- Current RN license issued by the State of North Carolina.
- Current CPR/BLS, ACLS required.
- ICU experience required.
- Complete advanced training or specialty education or national certification.
- Three - five years of medical surgical and/or step down/telemetry nursing experience is preferred.
This is position is eligible for full benefits including medical, dental, PTO, 401(k)
2 days per week, 48 hours per pay period
Job : ICU/CCU
Primary Location : NC-Hickory
Hospital/Facility : 334-Frye Regional Medical Center - Hickory, NC
Job Type : PT1
Shift Type : Days