Come work for an organization where everything matters.
The Program Manager Off-Site Urgent Care will be responsible for off-site locations throughout the region. Hours may vary primarily day/evening shifts. May require flexibility. Valid Ohio Driver’s License required. Position requires an Ohio Registered Nursing license. Management and Emergency Department/Urgent Care experience required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The Off-Site Urgent Care Program Manager plans implements and evaluates the administrative supervisory and direct care activities for assigned program team staff and the Urgent Care Services. Directs a team of professional and support staff to ensure assessment planning provision evaluation and treatment of patient care. Provides leadership for complex programs by communicating goals and strategies providing direction and priorities and providing enthusiasm and support.
The Program Manager supports communicates implements and enforces the philosophy mission values standards policies and procedures of Nationwide Children’s Hospital and the Patient Care Services Division.
1. Recruits trains evaluates develops and as necessary disciplines and/or terminates Urgent Care staff.
2. Manages day-to-day operations of the departments. Assures that performance standards for all staff are met.
3. Oversees the delivery of patient care by all professional and support staff within the off-site Urgent Cares.
4. Develops and implements plans to meet Nationwide Children’s Hospital goals initiatives and standards.
5. Develops oversees and is responsible for the operating and capital budgets of each of the off-site Urgent Cares.
6. Monitors evaluates and justifies monthly budget expenditures and revenue for each off-site Urgent Cares.
7. Schedules resources to provide patient care in a cost effective manner.
8. Develops off-site Urgent Care policies and procedures and participates in the review of other Nationwide Children’s Hospital policies and procedures as appropriate.
9. Ensures the orientation of Urgent Care personnel to role functions policies and procedures and information systems. Assists and directs staff in the identification of their own learning needs and assists staff in meeting those needs.
10. Coordinates staff representation on departmental hospital and community task forces committees quality teams and advisory groups. Serves as a representative to such groups when appropriate.
11. Promotes teamwork by building a team environment and fostering cross functional collaboration.
12. Maintains and enforces all safety and regulatory guidelines and standards including Joint Commission OSHA and CLIA.
13. In compliance with the strategic plan the program manager will participate and facilitate the Assessment of Community need for creation of a new off-site Urgent Care. Oversees the development planning and implementation of new off-site Urgent Cares in the community
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
2. Bachelor’s Degree is required. Work requires a level of knowledge equivalent to that obtained by completing a master’s degree program in nursing hospital administration business administration or closely related field.
3. Three-five years of clinical experience in area of expertise desirable.
4. Supervisory skills required to plan assign and evaluate the work of subordinate staff. Analytical skills required to oversee and organize the work of others and to develop and administer sound policies procedures budgets and multidisciplinary practices required.
5. High level of initiative self-direction and accountability for actions required.
6. Exceptional customer service communication negotiation and interpersonal relationship skills required for interaction with contacts.
7. Strong leadership and decision-making skills required.
8. Skill in promoting multidisciplinary collaboration; ability to act as a facilitator and change agent required.
9. Strong organizational skills required to evaluate existing policies/procedures/standards and to develop and implement enhancements and/or new systems required.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Note frequency as Constantly (67-100%) Frequently (34-66%) and Occasionally (0-33%) for each requirement. Also note any lifting requirements with pound limit.
Talking on phone/in person
Typing on a keyboard
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.