Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai’s Affiliation with Queen Hospital Center, which serves the culturally diverse community of Western Queens is seeking two full-time Adult Primary Care Nurse Practitioners to work in its ambulatory department as a team member for Centered Medical Home that serves a diverse community in Jamaica, NY.
The incumbents will help in extending access for patients on the team's panel, and aid in Care Management and Care Coordination. They will develop, implement, coordinate and evaluate clinical programs and services for designated patient populations as well as provide evaluation and direct patient care that promotes achievement/maintenance of optimal health within their scope of practice. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team.
ADULT PRIMARY CARE NURSE PRACTITIONER
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing general patient care under the direction of or in consultation with the Director of Service including evaluating patient’s physical, emotional, and psychosocial status, and making recommendations for treatment or referral as appropriate.
- Independently providing nursing services to patient/family including education, counseling, medication management, and general health care instructions.
- Performing triage (telephone and in person) to assist patients in obtaining timely and appropriate care, consulting with others on the health care team as necessary. Responding to appropriate medical emergencies within the department.
- Acting as a liaison between patient, family, provider, medical facility, and/or other agencies involved with the patient. Participating in meetings with the physicians and other team members to discuss progress and/or management of specific patients.
- Performing other duties pursuant to clinical responsibility, such as arranging follow-up for patients, obtaining informed consent from patient, recalling patients for further evaluation and treatment, escorting patients, when necessary, to other areas of the hospital, etc. Informing patients of necessary post-discharge instructions as required and making appropriate entries in patient’s charts.
- Practicing in accordance with the standards of professional behavior and patient centered care set by Queens Hospital Center
The successful candidates will have completed a Master’s Nurse Practitioner Program and have prior experience related to the job functions. NYS Nurse Practitioner Registration and License required. Board certification preferred. Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and/or weekends required.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the scope of this position, along with the opportunity to be part of our world class organization. For immediate consideration, please apply online and reference Job Requisition # QHC 13-00150 and QHC 13-00151, at www.mountsinai.org/careers
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai - An EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V