Clinical Nurse - IMC/Tele - Part Time (0.6 FTE) DAYS
Facility:U of M Midtown Campus
Employment Type:Part Time
Department:MGH 3 South
Job Posting Category:Nursing
Hours of Work:7am-7pm
Job ID #:33050
Minimum Education:Not Indicated
License/Cert Required:Lic Registered Nurse
Minimum Experience:Not Indicated
Specialty Type:Not Applicable
Main Function: The Registered Nurse is a member of the health care team and renders nursing care to all patients within her/his assigned unit/area, assuring the nursing process is followed from admission through discharge. The RN collaborates with other members of the health team, delegates appropriately to support staff and directs care to assure the patient’s care needs are met. The RN is expected to exercise good judgment in the care of patients and the management of personnel. The RN promotes teamwork with physicians and personnel from other units/areas/departments. The RN must stay current with standards of practice through ongoing education relevant to nursing, such as the Nurse Practice Act. The RN’s actions and attitudes will promote and support the hospital’s mission and core values.
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Performs assessments and reassessments, as appropriate for the patient’s needs, collecting data from all sources to assist with formulating a nursing diagnosis.
2. Develops an individualized Plan of Care, based on the patient’s assessment, with mutual, realistic and measurable goals and documents this thoroughly in the patient’s record.
3. Coordinates and directs available resources and personnel in developing and following the Plan of Care.
4. Performs treatments, including medication administration, as ordered by the physician and carries out nursing interventions in accordance with the Plan of Care.
5. Evaluates the patient’s response to treatments/interventions through reassessment and revises the Plan of Care as necessary.
6. Documents assessments and reassessments, thoroughly, accurately and on time. Documents any changes to the Plan of Care and communicates these changes to team members. Documents treatments/interventions including medication administration thoroughly and per hospital policy.
7. Assesses patient’s teaching needs, and plans patient education accordingly.
8. Completes patient and family teaching, assesses understanding and document accordingly.
9. Communicates effectively with other members of the health care team to ensure continuity and coordination of care, appropriate care delivery and to report changes in patient’s condition.
10. Facilitates safe and timely patient throughput, including admission/transfer/discharge, diagnostics and therapeutics.
11. Complies with hospital policies and practices in all aspects of care and professional behavior.
12. Follows TJC and CMS standards as part of routine practice.
13. Attends and actively participates in unit staff meetings.
14. Supports Shared Governance.
15. Demonstrates support and compliance with Maryland General Hospital’s mission, vision, values, philosophy, goals objectives and policies.
16. Performs additional functions to assist the Clinical Manager and other activities as assigned.
Licensure: Currently licensed in the State of Maryland.
Experience: Graduate from an approved Nursing School (CN IV requires BSN see attachment) may be required or preferred in some areas. Positive interpersonal/communication/supervisory skills. Computer skills preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.