Additional Job Information
Title: RN Clinic - NPHO
City, State: Austin, TX
Location: Medical Park Tower
Department: SFOD SHI CENTRAL MKT
Additional Job Details: FT Days
The RN Clinic - NPHO provides direct nursing care to patients of the assigned clinic/practice in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Assists in the development and/or delivery of orientation and/or education processes for patients and staff.
Acts as a resource for facilitating communication when necessary. Coordinates and supervises the assignments of routine tasks to selected members of the clinic staff in order to keep the clinic operational. Facilitates coordination of services with the non-medical clinic staff to obtain optimum patient flow and increased patient satisfaction.
Coordinates and delegates the timely processing of patient referrals necessary for the delivery of patient care. Utilizes nursing process to facilitate appropriate nursing interventions during client triage. Participates in the evaluation of the effectiveness of interventions.
Participates in the evaluation of products, procedures and patient standards. Identifies performance improvement opportunities. Serves as a resource and positive proactive behavioral leader for the department. Assumes charge/team leader role.
Performs other duties as assigned.
May be required to be "on-call."
Education & Experience:
- One (1) year of nursing practice, preferably in an office or clinic setting is required.
- Bachelor's or Master's in Nursing is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS-HCP) course completion card from the American Heart Association is required prior to hire or job transfer date.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the state of Texas is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.