JOB SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse is directly accountable for the care given to patients in the Emergency Department. He / She communicates with the physician about the changes in the patients clinical condition including results of the diagnostic studies and sypmtomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in the condition and/or response to treatment. Is knowledgeable about EMTALA regulations and reporting of child/adult abuse to appropriate agencies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
- Current and valid state RN License.
- Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
- ACLS 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
- PALS and/or ENPC required 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
- TNCC within 12 months of hire preferred.
- CPI within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
- Minimum of one year as a staff nurse in an acute care hospital setting; E.R. setting preferred.
- Starting in January 2013 for new hires, Basic Arrhythmia within 90 days of hire
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
- In Paramedic Base Station ED: MICN within 12 months of hire and maintain current.
- EDAP certified facilities: Completion of emergency pediatric course 1 and 2 within 6 months of hire.
- Non OB facilities: NRP 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
Pampa Regional Medical Center
Is a 115-bed acute-care community hospital serving a population of approximately 65,000 residents in the Texas Panhandle. Founded in 1950, Pampa Regional employs more than 275 full-time and part-time staff members. Pampa Regional is accredited by The Joint Commission.
In partnership with more than 30 area physicians, the hospital provides a full range of medical services to meet the healthcare needs of the community it proudly serves.