The RN maintains a clean, organized, and safe environment, and performs patient care services that support the the physician / provider's practice under the clinical supervision of the Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Physicians Assistant or other licensed staff. This includes assisting in prepping patients for examinations or procedures, assisting with procedures, relaying instructions from the physician to a patient or authorized person, and collecting patient data. Documenting patient concerns, patient messages, and care provided to the patient in the patients medical record for the physician's review. Administrating medications specifically directed by the physician and performing accurate vital sign measurements and documentation. Providing leadership to support staff.
As an RN II this position has the followingleadership responsibilities in addition to the items listed above:
- Oversees day to day issues in the department, be subject matter expert for back office functions, and go-to person as questions arise.
- Properly notify supervisor/manager of situations that require immediate resolution.
- Provide co-workers with direction and task assignments as needed to ensure completion of work responsibilities within the department/function. May reassign staff under direction of the manager/designee as required to facilitate workflow.
- Works closely with the supervisor to effectively staff the department and prepare for absence coverage.
- Assess situations, consider alternatives and recommend to management an appropriate course of action.
- Under the direction of management, effectively resolves routine interpersonal conflicts within the team.
- Coach and train new and existing staff while providing constructive feedback and communicate with the supervisor/manager any areas of concern.
- Successfully demonstrates ability to handle multiple duties at any given time.
- Assists management to effectively motivate and recognize (non-monetary) staff for accomplishing tasks, reaching goals or working as a team.
- Make administration aware of workflow or personnel issues that affect the efficient operations of the department on a timely basis.
- Offers management observations and input on specific issues related to performance, including attendance, professionalism, behavioral issues, problem solving, communication, content knowledge and customer service skills.
- Assist supervisor/manager with performance assessment of department's clinical functions.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 3 years Chemo/InfusionRN experience
- Clear and current CA RN license
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of a formal Registered Nurse program pursuant to the Division of Allied Health Professions or military training that is equivalent to an accredited Registered Nurse program (determination by DIgnity Health Medical Foundation Human Resources department in conjunction with the State Division of Allied Health Professions.)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills are essential.
- Medical terminology, familiarity with CPT and ICD-9 coding procedures and reference tools, and pharmacology appropriate to the Registered Nurse scope of practice is essential.
- Familiarity with an electronic practice management system is preferred.
- CPR certification
- Chemo and Infusioncertification
***This position is represented by CNA
Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - the fifth largest hospital system in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive healthcare services to the many communities we serve.
As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.