The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for knowing his/her professional scope of practice as defined by the California Business and Professional Code and for satisfactorily completing the Dignity Health Medical Foundation orientation period that includes demonstrating skills and behaviors that meet a fully competent level of performance.
The RN maintains a clean, organized, and safe environment, and performs patient care services that support the radiologist and clinical staff under the supervision of the radiologist, site supervisor and operations manager. This includes assisting in prepping patients for examinations or procedures, assisting with procedures, relaying instructions from the physician to a patient or authorized person, and collecting patient data. Documenting patient concerns, patient messages, and care provided to the patient in the patient's medical record for the physician's review. Administration of medications specifically directed by the physician and performing accurate vital sign measurements and documenting such.
The following are some of the key responsibilities performed by the Mercy Imaging Center RN:
- Administration of IV conscious sedation.
- Monitoring of patients who receive IV conscious sedation during Interventional procedures.
- Assist during Interventional procedures as requested by the Radiologist. Insertion of PICC lines.
- Evaluation and follow up care of PICC lines after insertion.
- Access port-a-caths for administration of CT contrast.
- IV contrast administration in CT and MRI.
- Ordering of all supplies and pharmaceuticals.
- Ordering and annual TB testing for Mercy Imaging Centers.
- Ordering and administration of annual flu vaccine for Mercy Imaging Centers.
- Quality assurance of autoclave for sterilization of instruments for Interventional procedures.
- Oversees point of care testing for immediate lab BUN and Creatinine results.
May be required to occasionally work at other locations within the Greater Sacramento Area as needed
- One (1) year experience in an outpatient setting as a Registered Nurse is Preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of a formal Registered Nurse program pursuant to the Division of Allied Health Professions or military training that is equivalent to an accredited Registered Nurse program (determination by Dignity Health Medical Foundation H.R. department in conjunction with the State Division of Allied Health Professions.)
- Must maintain applicable and current licensing to include BCLS.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills are essential.
- Medical terminology, familiarity with CPT coding procedures and reference tools, and pharmacology appropriate to the Registered Nurse scope of practice is essential.
- Familiarity with an electronic practice management system is preferred.
Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - the fifth largest hospital system in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive healthcare services to the many communities we serve.
As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.