The RN Research Coordinator will:
* Assist the principal investigator with planning and implementation of protocols
* Participate in study development to include interaction with the IRB & study sponsors
* Recruit and evaluate patients for protocol eligibility
* Schedule studies and treatment; monitor and coordinate patient care
* Completing all related documentation, attending research related meetings, preparing progress of the study reports.
The RN Research Coordinator is expected to develop expertise in all issues related to these protocols so as to function autonomously when working with the related participants.
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience with 3 years direct research experience.
- Minimum bachelors degree. Completion of an accredited RN program.
- Current license as a RN in the State of California.
- Oversee the operations of both internally & externally (Quintiles) originated studies.
- Ability to read and understand research protocols
- Ability to perform all clinic based RN duties
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with patients, family, Dignity Health Medical Foundation staff, and physicians
- Ability to effectively work with external pharmaceutical companies and other potential research resources. Demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others in difficult situations.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to manage project tasks and timelines, and analytical ability.
- Ability to work with and communicate to a diverse work force in all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication and leadership skills required.
- Must be able to adapt easily to change and lead others in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills.
Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - the fifth largest hospital system in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive healthcare services to the many communities we serve.
As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.