The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice. The Registered Nurse also directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing care in Telemetry. The Registered Nurse is directly responsible and accountable for the care given to his/her patients in the Emergency Department. He / She communicates with the physician about the changes in the patient’s clinical condition including results of the diagnostic studies and sypmtomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in the condition and/or response to treatment. Is knowledgeable about EMTALA regulations and reporting of child/adult abuse to appropriate agencies and Hospital Social Worker. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Current and valid state RN License.
- Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
- Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
- Current PALS (AHA) certificate and/or ENPC 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
- Minimum of one year experience as a staff nurse RN in an acute care hospital setting; E.R. setting preferred.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
- In Paramedic Base Station ED: MICN within 12 months of hire and maintain current.
- EDAP certified facilities: Completion of emergency pediatric course 1 and 2 within 6 months of hire.
- NonOBfacilities: NRP (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNNC) within 12 months of hire required.
Founded in 1964, West Anaheim Medical Center is a 219-bed acute-care hospital dedicated to providing the community with high-quality, cost-effective healthcare. Our services include general medical/surgical inpatient care and treatment, emergency services, surgical services, comprehensive heart center, and diagnostic imaging. Located on Orange Avenue and Beach Boulevard, one mile south of Knott's Berry Farm, the hospital is conveniently located with easy access from the Riverside (91) or Garden Grove (22) freeways.