Where you work matters! Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Director, Stroke Program at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA.
Swedish Cherry Hill and First Hill are Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Centers. This designation recognizes the expertise and dedication of the Swedish Stroke Team, which includes physicians, nurses, imaging and lab staff who are available 24/7 to respond and provide individualized care within minutes of a patient's arrival to the Emergency Department. Swedish Cherry Hill consistently maintains "door-to-needle" times well under the national standard of 60 minutes, and the ability to perform and interpret urgent CT scans and MRIs, as well as quickly process lab tests for stroke patients.
Read more on our blog:
The Director is accountable for the overall management, leadership and direction of the clinical and operational activities of the Stroke Program in accordance with Swedish's mission, vision and values to include creating an environment that fosters a multidisciplinary team and collaborative approach to care that achieves operational and clinical "Best Practice". The Director assures patient care standards for the care of stroke patients are met throughout the organization. The Stroke Program Director works closely with the Stroke Program Medical Director as diad partner, as well as Swedish Neuroscience Institute Leaders to support the advancement of clinical practice and evidence-based care by providing strategic leadership and administration in the areas of stroke patient care, education, safety and quality. This position has a matrix reporting relationship with the Stroke Program Coordinators at the Swedish campuses and is a liaison to our Telehealth partners.
The Director of the Stroke Program will:
* Provide leadership, management and accountability across the Swedish network in the Stroke Certification process through the Joint Commission.
* ?Oversee all aspects of the care delivery system and works organizationally to improve service.
* Create and implement an operational budget annually, monitoring performance monthly.
* Be responsible for leading, coaching, mentoring and modeling service excellence behaviors to staff.
* Work collaboratively to develop methods for improving the quality of care overall.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Required qualifications for this position include:
* Nursing Baccalaureate degree from accredited school of nursing
* Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
* BLS Certification
* NIHSS Certification
* Minimum 5 years leadership experience in Healthcare
* Minimum 2 years Stroke Leadership experience at a Primary Stroke Center
* Proven ability in business and educational outreach strategy development and implementation
* Strong project management skills
* Presentation/public speaking skills
* Ability to work with senior executives and key internal and external audiences
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Masters degree in healthcare related field
* Comprehensive Stroke Center experience
Swedish is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: