The James J. Peters VA Medical Center
Join the VA Team - Caring for our Veterans!
The James J. Peters VA Medical Center, Bronx VAMC is affiliated with the Mt.Sinai School of Medicine (NYC), numerous Nursing Academic Affiliations and the Hospital for Special Surgery.
ASSOCIATE PROGRAM MANAGER/STAFF DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR (Registered Nurse) in the Learning & Organizational Development Service
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Master’s in a related field with a BSN (NLN or CCNE accredited); With five years of successful nursing practice, three years of which includes progressive leadership positions in nursing and patient care services in settings with broad program mission, scope and complexity, or
- Doctoral degree in Nursing or related field from a regionally accredited university or college (preferred); approximately four years of successful nursing practice, three years of which
- Includes progressive leadership positions in nursing and patient care services in settings with broad program mission, scope and complexity or
- Master’s Degree in Education from a regionally accredited university or college (preferred); approximately four years of successful leadership experience, three years of which
- Includes progressive leadership positions in learning and program development in settings with broad program mission, scope and complexity (Doctoral Degree preferred).
- Demonstrated high level of skill and expertise in professional and community leadership, curriculum development and evaluation, competency assessment and development, application of educational technology to enhance learning, knowledge of LEAN strategic thinking, and, data analytic skills.
The Associate Program Manager is accountable to the Director of education, DLO for directing, coordinating and evaluating the delivery of educational programs provided for adult & geriatric patients and medical center personnel throughout the James J. Peters VAMC. He/she develops broad education and training programs involving a variety of specialties in widely diversified activities; provides personnel with the vital link between education and practice; coordinates and maintains close relationships with affiliated schools, professional organizations, certifying bodies, and program directors of students of nursing and other disciplines who rotate through the medical facility; and serves on education and training committees, advisory groups, and special task forces concerned with managing education and career development activities.
You must have a current/valid unrestricted RN License issued in any U.S. State or U.S. Territory. U.S. Citizenship and English Language Proficiency are required.
Department of Veterans Affairs
James J. Peters VA Medical Center
Attn: Human Resources Program (05)
130 West Kingsbridge Road
Bronx, New York 10468
Or FAX to (718) 741-4598
Or email to Mary.Ramirez@va.gov
The VA is an EOE M/F/V/H